The perfect blog post

The perfect blog post does not exist. I’m stuck. I’m trying to figure out how to make my blog posts interesting, dynamic, and educational. Seems to me I’d rather make videos to share my experiences in this class. I just finish reading the assignments for this week and I am interested in seeing what new things I will learn. I recently had a conversation with an old classmate and he told me I was not technologically inclined. To that my response was, “I’m just traditional”. I suppose this blog is just about me exploring thoughts pertaining to how this class will shape my daily functioning and my use of tools to assist me in personal goals.

I also need to up my game. You know it seems that it takes me a little longer to explore new things when my intent is to learn and master what I’ve learned. So typically that ends up leaving me a little mentally drained. However, I’m looking to allow this Experience to be fun and exciting. For now, signing off.

Tiffany

Comments

  1. Hi, It sounds like you are on the right track to discovering your written, blog voice. I appreciate how honest you are in your "traditional" ways. I often feel the same. I'm still a paper person. Taking an online degree program has forced me to retrain myself in how I learn (read) material.
    I hear, if you keep writing, you'll get better at it. This is my approach to blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and DMartin in being bound to some extent to traditional styles. Part of it is also work related; my work environment is still all about face-to-face instruction in spite of having some courses in our catalog that are knowledge based and could be transitioned to distance learning. Both the quarantine and this course are pushing me into new territory, hopefully expanding my professional abilities..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me as well; another 'traditional' here! My table is full of papers, marker pens, and post it notes (if this is being traditional by definition). :) I liked you approach.. 'to allow this experience to be fun and exciting'. Look forward to learning from your blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also relate to you. At first I felt it's a bit burdensome to blog regularly as I want my posts to be always interesting and meaningful. With a week passed, I feel like I'm getting more or less free from that pressure and kind of enjoying this process. I like your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tiffany, I completely understand feeling uncomfortable about sharing thoughts and crafting interesting blog posts. For some reason the creativity isn't flowing as easily as it did last week for me. I find that I am somewhat in between traditional learning and online, but since the shift to fully online courses I am realizing areas I work on improving. I am looking forward to see how you learn to work with the tools in this class and the trajectory of your thoughts on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'know ... you could make videos and turn this into a vlog if you prefer that format. I've had students do that before ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me