Wind & Waves

One could imagine working at home when you live alone has been a time of  peace, serenity and  relaxation. Truthfully, it has been that way up until a few weeks ago. One day, my washer began to flood my apartment. Soon after, the kitchen sink began to do the same. After a heated phone call with my leasing office a plumber resolved the issue within 24 hours.

After an uneventful two weeks, while doing homework my power went out at my home. Interestingly enough, there was no power in the kitchen and living and dining areas. There was power in my room, bathroom, and office. Sooo what was a girl to do? Memorial Day early morning, I unpacked my fridge and freezer and hauled all the food to my sisters house. We agreed I could come over, eat, and hangout for as often as I need and for as long as I need. After 4 days of no AC and no fridge guess who had a visit from the electrician today?

In the middle of this I also cut my finger washing dishes, got stitches and have since had them removed. Since removal, I have had a persistent pain in my finger in the cut area. After consulting with my doctor I will be referred to a plastic surgeon. Imagine that!

I said all that to say, the wind and the waves are against the boat of my life and I am not mad  at all. These moments have shown me how strong, resilient, intentional and flexible I can be. They have also shown me the value and strength of relationships I have. I am thankful for the wind and waves in my life. I mean truly, how serious is a flood in an apartment when  I see people experiencing homelessness daily?
How sad is that I have no AC and no fridge when there are some folks that don’t have a home? And my finger ... I was elated to have friends over daily to wash my dishes and sweep and mop. There will forever be the presence  of wind and waves.
Forever Thankful.
Tiffany

Comments

  1. I keep hearing story after story about appliances breaking right now (I have a close eye on you, my 22 year old washing machine).

    I hope you're able to get that cut sorted out. Sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me