Nothing New Under the Sun







As a kid I can recall speaking to my stepfather and him telling me “there’s nothing new under the sun”. Baffled by what that meant and searching to determine how in any way was that relevant to my initial question. I repeated my question. I received the same response. Years later I have seen many circumstances and occurrences that clarified that statement for me. 


A few days ago I took time to listen to a favorite song of mine “Might not Be OK” The first time I saw this song performed via YouTube the artist was actually crying. He was heartbroken, frustrated, angry, confused, tired. Each emotion, you could feel in the song. So much so that I started to cry. 


So as listened to it a few days ago I was shocked at how relevant the song was 3 years later. It broke my heart. Then, I was reminded of that phrase my stepfather told me “there is nothing new under the sun”. It sobered me a bit and I began to consider: 

Should I be upset, angry, frustrated? 

OR 

Should I accept this as reality and keep moving? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me