Caring for Tiffany

 


Hmmmmmm.... why do I feel as if I need permission to take a break, do a little less, ask for help or ask for an exception? I have always been the one to celebrate at any opportunity to care for myself when it is recommended by someone I know is looking out for my best interests. 


If only I were able to do that more consistently on my own things would be better. I think I will challenge myself to a few things I will commit to doing throughout the week that will help me facilitate much needed time to reflect, release and relax. A few of my all time favs are listed below. Feel free to share some of yours. 

  • Hot bath with rose petals and Candles 
  • Read Chapters 8 and 9 12 years a Slave. (I Have Been reading this book for 2 years) 
  • Start to draw a picture I found on a Facebook Group
  • Vlog an adventure as I go drop off recycling 
  • Make an omelette (now this should be fun) 
These are all things that facilitate a creative passion and help me relax and reflect. I am totally looking forward to it!! 

Maybe my vlog next week will discuss how things went and what if anything I learned. Happy Tuesday folks! 

I love myself

-Tiffany 

Comments

  1. Tiffany, you are not alone in feeling you need permission to slow down. I think this boils down to compassion. So many of us struggle with self-compassion. We say things to ourselves and hold ourselves to standards that we would never inflict on others. When I start to recognize these feelings in myself, I try to step back and approach the situation as if I was advising a friend. If it was a situation where I would tell a buddy to relax and take a break, I try to grant myself that same grace.

    A few relaxation techniques I have been trying to work into my daily life are meditation and gratitude journaling. At first, these felt like additional chores (and they still do some days), but it makes a noticeable difference for me in helping me feel more centered.

    I wish you luck on your journey to reflect and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendyl, Thanks so much for sharing this with me. Yes I totally agree. I never hold others to the standards I inflict on myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me