Kayaking Soon?

A few weeks back myself and some friends (group of 5 ) went kayaking! It was sooooo much fun. We kayaked on the Wakulla River with a mother and daughter and the guide, Robby). 


To put this in context > While my mom was pregnant with me she lived in Venice Beach, Florida. Daily,  she would walk to the beach and enjoy the waves. In my early 30’s she told me this and talked about how I must have known she was at the beach because I would immediately settle in her belly.  Funny thing is, although I have not grown up around water it has always been my place of peace. Lakes, rivers, sea, or pool. Water calms my soul and brings me a level of serenity that is unmatched. 


While on the river my friend talked about how hot it was. To her my response was, “as long as I am on the water the heat doesn’t matter”. It took 3 hours to finish the river. We saw a few crocodiles, I missed the manatees in my kayak but a few of my friends got a peek, a host of turtles, and some colorful flowers.


Im ready to go back. If not there then somewhere else soon !! I just need to find someone to go with. I am not yet ready to go alone. 


Wakulla River

Take me back 

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts. I'm glad you had a good day on the water. I love Wakulla when I lived in Tally. Man I miss Tally! Have you been tubing on the Ichetucknee? So much fun. It's south of Lake City. I used to go there as a kid. If you like water and water stuff, you might find that fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks so much! Yes that was my first time on the Wakulla River and I am ready to go back. Yes I have been tubing on that River years ago as a freshmen in college. Have not been able to go back yet.

      May be time soon!
      Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me