Me Eyes, My Soul, My Heart

Yesterday, while doing my normal scroll through social media I was able to finally conclude what I have been looking at is not healthy for me. I am all down for being educated and aware. However, there is a level of awareness that I believe is painful to my soul and my heart. 

You know, I began to wonder;

Am I becoming desensitized to violence? 
Is public discrimination becoming normal to me? 
Are hateful words as common to me as saying good morning or goodnight to a family member or friend?

I must say I am concerned. My evening routine must change to include positive imagery that will assist me in not internalizing the images and sounds of hate, hurt and violence that I see. 

I think I’ll start to watch one of my favorite shows ever “Girlfriends”. It never gets old ever and it always places me in the right mindset. 


Caring for me, one post at a time. 
- Tiffany 



Comments

  1. Thank You for sharing your thoughts, Tiffany! I have been feeling the same way for the past few weeks. With the Pandemic, the BLM, with issues of migrant workers back home in India, failure of the healthcare system. I felt mentally tired and exhausted reading the news. Usually, we can work through this by talking to others. The lockdown has prevented me from doing that as well. Even with the online communities that I have been observing for the community norms assignment, which was on Harry Potter, the discussions have incorporated the news. I am planning to step away from the web after July at least for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea. I agree as well. One of my online communities has also heavily incorporated the BLM movement. Initially I was like yayyy cool art. Then it became a little tiring.

      Thanks for sharing what you will do in July. I think I will do that as well! I need to.

      Delete
  2. Dan thanks so much for sharing this. I see that this can be more stressful for you considering you are from a different culture. I pray you have a greater experience as the semester continues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me