Riding While Raining

Today was quite an adventure. My mom and I went on a bike ride and it was exhilarating. I absolutely wanted to quit twice. Thankfully I did not. My mom and I got caught in the rain. Not a drizzle, but a full outpour. 
Now, I must admit for the last two weeks I have been wondering what happens when you ride in the rain or when its wet? 
Are you more likely to fall or slip? 
Can you see? 

Welp, today was the day I found out. 
It actually wasn’t different from dry riding it only required a different level of awareness and concentration. 

There was a large semi riding towards my mom while we were in the rain. From what I saw the driver was not going to move until my mom motioned for him to do so. My thoughts, “we are small but mighty, move  over!” Thankfully he moved over and we were able to get home safely. My mom seemed to be a bit rattled by the rain. Myself on the other hand, it was a wild and crazy time. I can say it was cool to get caught in the rain with my mom. Also, I love water. It was exhilarating. 

-Tiffany 

Comments

  1. It's funny how nature's elements humble and connect us to the sense that remind us of our humanity. Have you ever stood out in a rainstorm...I did once. It was cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it most definitely does. I can say lately I have started to appreciate the rain more lately. The sound is very calming.

      Nope, never stood in a rainstorm.BUT, I am placing that on my list of things that I intend to do. Thanks !!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me