Gone to Soon

Today marks the first day of the last week of the Summer 2020 session. Oh boy this Summer has been amazing thus far. Full of personal, professional, and academic challenges for me for sure. I don’t think I will ever forget this year. Plus as much that has occurred this Summer I  don’t see things slowing down at all!!!!! We have primary election occurring soon. Next the presidential election not to mention we are indeed in Hurricane season. Hopefully things aren’t too crazy for us. I mean the price of food has gone up already and we have already had a shortage of cleaning supplies, household goods and some other foods. Let us pray it does not get any worse.


What has also been interesting to me this semester has been the change in industry. Who knew back in February that corona virus would have this level of economic impact on us holistically. I have been so sad about not being able to go to the movies anymore. Each time I ride by he AMC 20 theater I become sad. I think about the people that lost their jobs and wonder what next. Will the movies ever open back up? Then I consider Barbers, cosmetologists and airlines. How have they been able to move thru this pandemic? Then there is  the social service agencies that are struggling as a result of an absence of referrals. The list I’m sure goes on. 


Now that I am at the end of this blog... this is NOT what I wanted to write about.I wanted to speak about how sad I was that this class was ending. 


Maybe next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The perfect blog post

What Does your Silence Mean ?

Tears Speak For Me